Monday, May 29, 2006

Letter of a 6-year-old



Are you sleeping? I had 2 ask! The thing is, my tiny sister and me used to share a room and in the dark, breaking the stale silence she used to always ask me if I was sleeping.
First, I'd say yes, (I quickly lied, she knew), then she'd go into making a full-blown conversation, and I was forced to participate.
She's bossy like that, and poor ol' shy n quiet me had to be under her rule.
I'm glad I'm outta that situation! I took a lot of abuse from her, had to get in the bath water after her ‘cause, momma said she was smaller, (don't act like u ain't have to 'save' bathwater).
Seriously now, I think, LIKE WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!
I look at Susan now like, damn momma were we THAT poor where I couldn't get no fresh hot bath water. With Mr. Bubble! I wasn't stepping into nothing but shallow grim anyway! By her being smaller and closer to the ground, she’s more polluted. Did I really have to get HER hand-me-downs and my brothers, dammit.
And I want more than four cookies. I want the whole bag!
Can I get NEW shoes more than ONCE a year!
Also, just 'cause Ms. Bea said I gave the finger while riding the school bus and put me in the corner for two hours, on my fragile knees doesn't mean I'm a troubled child. I was waving goodbye to my friends and smiling, who does that? I can’t help that I was born with a slightly crooked little finger. Hell, when I think about it that ol lady saw me from her kitchen window I was at the swing, that's damn near 50 yards away, the bifocal wearing hen used to drink too, and your going to believe her over me. One day, I’ll win! ‘Till then, I’m not a troubled child!

No comments: