Friday, March 12, 2010

Answered the Call

I tried everything I could, on my own.

They said I couldn't do it...

The bank turned me down so many times, they see me passing and go:
Brandi, what do you want? Whatever it is… No! Not a chance! No!

I’d say, hey I was just trying to get to the trashcan. I had to pass your door.

I didn’t see what the problem was. It’s not like I was asking for a hand out, I was asking for a hand up.

I needed $1,800 to get started. I wanted buy more books, bookmarks, posters, among other little things. It's my career.

Most great businesses fail in their first year because lack of capitol.

Not this one. I refuse to fail. I knew what I needed and instead of giving up. I improvised. I picked up my cell phone and went down the list.

I got 18 friends who invested in me. (Well, it took only 10 to get to the amount I needed) And Within 3 days, I had pledges for all of the money! :-)

One of My friends joked that he should hurry and win the lottery so I don't have to ask so many "little" people for help.

Sure, some big shot millionaire can just give it to me. And I’ll be an instant success. All over the place. Quick.
But the gift is: can you get 18 people to believe in you, when you have nothing?

Thank you for believing in me.

My heart is full.


P.S. A lesson revised.
Do not ever ask rich people for money. Poor people will get together and help yo’ ass.

It’s more of them anyway.
B nice.

No comments: