Thursday, March 04, 2010

How Many Books?

You ever played Spades? Good! Then you know how the game goes...
Wednesday, A lady asked me, why don’t you go on the Daily Buzz?
You’re doing pretty well, she said.

I appreciate her recognizing my hard work and the growth of my book, Crumb Snatchers.

Then she fired off a list of things I should be doing to further the growth.
She meant well. She wants to see me live nicely.

Before anyone else starts…

I’ve thought about these things. Even romanced the ideas.
I like the morning show the Daily Buzz. I like Kia Malone, the host.
I’m trying to accomplish goals. I need to better my infrastructure before I take that step.

It’s not fear. Or carelessness.
A lot of the things I’m doing, (which may seem like a hard, alternate route) I have to do.

I am playing my cards. I didn’t get any Spades or big face cards this hand.

Like, I would like to eat a tender, honey-glazed rack of ribs and buttered, cheese potatoes, but I had to microwave up two scrambled eggs last night. No rice. Drink water.

I don’t ride with the windows down all the time – wind batting me in the face – because I like it; the a/c in my car is broke.

I didn’t put that old shirt on because I liked it or it was my favorite, it was the best one I could salvage.

I don’t necessarily like going to the laundry mat with the drunk, smelly (sometimes bloodied) bums but I need clean clothes.

I liked the cable, I had.

I like champaign too. But this Kool-Aid will just have to do.

And Brandi does not turn down help.
If Brian Harris (owner of BMW) came to me with an offer, I will not turn him down.
You will not hear, No, thank you Sir. Let me go home and think about taking this fully-loaded, limited 2011. Peanut butter ostrich leather seats.

I’m being patient. Putting my funds behind my dreams.
Playing my hand the best way I know how.
I’m going to let my partner across the table, God pick up the books.
When we called the number of possible books I said none, He told me just play He had me.

When the time for the big show comes, I’ll be ready!

No comments: