Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Book Slut

Can you guys believe that I bought ANOTHER copy of Harry Potter (book # 7)?
It’s a special limited edition book. Its full color and have more drawings inserted in the back. I have planned on not opening this book. I want to save it. It will be a collector’s piece for when I open my own library.

I have also decided to start a book section. Like my own book club. I want to review the newest books that I read and love. My book club will be cooler than Oprah’s. Yes, I said it.

About two weeks ago I asked you guys for suggestions and they poured in. Thanks. I have a stack of books next to my nightstand. And I plan to stay up many hours of the night to complete them.

On my list of books to review:
- Time Taught Me to Fly by Russell Nichols (FAMU Graduate and my friend, so pick that one up at Amazon when you get a chance).
- Lessons From the Fall by D.L. Carpenter (another FAMU alumnae, very special lady. I had the privilege spending an entire summer with her and she is going to do more great things in the future. Very inspiring. Pick that one up too.)

… One of my main goals is to support other HBCU grads, students or anyone Black who is trying to do something positive. Whether you are a video game designer (Ivan) or trying to peddle your new perfume. I usually buy two copies of these books and things. One to keep and one to give as a gift. By the way I am ordering Black Sheep by Black Ivory Toldson, (Thanks for the look Enitra)

Back to the book list:
-The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene
-What Your Mama Never Told You (True Stories About Sex and Love), edited by Tara Roberts
- And the Walls Came Tumbling Down by Ralph David Abernathy

I will be posting reviews soon. Check back.

~b.

…I believe that I am going to change the entire world one day.

3 comments:

Sherlon Christie said...

how many books do you read a month?

Jarrod said...

The Art Of Seduction is a dangerous book...Also have you read any of Greene's other books? Right now I'm reading The 33 Strategies of War. Good book.

mr. nichols said...

what's good brandi? i like the book club idea. i can't wait to read the reviews.