Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Hope Gotta Go!

You’re probably going to think I’m wrong, or just flat out heartless.
Especially since the weather is cold.
But it’s a game that I’m sick of.
Every morning, it’s the same thing, for three weeks now.
I can hear her rapid heartbeat. Boom. Boom.
6:45 a.m., she times me perfectly. Waiting at my door, tiny paws outstretched. Claws in attack mode. She smiles. She smells my fear.
It’s a cat and mouse game and I’m the mouse.
It’s also five steps to my bathroom, a safe haven for me to wash my face and head to work. I can make it, she’s not that baaaAAAADDDDD!!!!!!!!
I didn’t even have a head start before her razor blade claws bear down on my ankle through soft skin. Oh Sweet Jesus. Prince of Peace. Ohhhh, that’s warm blood trickle down to my toes. My Dear Father. Bless the Kitten! Oh how I Love Thee. Smile. I just don’t care what my little sister thinks, but too the pound
…..HOPE GOTTA GO!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

U better not send HOPE to the pound. She's just a kitten who needs to get used to her new family.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandi,
Checked your site and I too love the "Conversations" piece. Man class of '04 is doing big things.
Watch Out Now!

Sherlon Christie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherlon Christie said...

so did you get rid of the cat?