Friday, March 09, 2007

He wears Tussy!

My sister called me last night. She told me to turn the TV to “I Love New York.” I refused. I just didn’t want to indulge myself in such ignorance. The show is full of crazy antics. She knew I wouldn’t so she just asked, “Why is Taygo from the show still using Tussy.”
I fell out laughing. We both laughed. It actually brought up a great question.
With all the different choices of deodorant in stores today, why Tussy?
Not Axe. Not Degree. Not even Speed Stick.
Tussy.
She had to be kidding me!
A deodorant, which back in the day used to be a cream based paste. People used to dab a little on their fingers and rub it under their arms until it was, well pasted. Tussy is unisex and comes in a variety of scents.
After the thought, we laughed some more.
If you’ve ever touched deodorant it leaves a hard to get off residue on your fingers. Now, just imagine people back in the day having to rub it into their underarm. The mess it created for them had to be worse than getting it on your little black dress. And it used to be a wonder why my aunt, who’s 72 walks around today in 2007 telling us to “Take a little bit and Rub it in good, good, good,” and that’s her words to everything.


Thanks Amber for motivating me to write every day.

2 comments:

Sherlon Christie said...

Your blogs are great...you should write more often.

Anonymous said...

First of all, Tussy is used in modern times to help someone who has really strong underarm odor. Or he could have a reaction to regular deodorant. Secondly, thanks for mentioning me in your blog.