Thursday, March 15, 2007

Party Planner

This is how its going down! Kell and I are supposed to throw our little annual crawfish boil. It falls sometime during spring break on a perfect day. I’m doing the grocery shopping for:
A large sack of crawfish, sweet corn on the cob, baby potatoes, Cajun spices, celery, onions, neck bones, turkey necks, ice for the liquor chest, my specialty bottled root beer, cookies & cream ice cream cake, chicken drummetts, strips of fish filets (both to be deep fried, lightly in fresh grease), napkins, plates, and utensils.
That’s our list and it’s hot. We’ve throw little parties before. People come from far and wide. The atmosphere is laid back; guests sit out under my uncle’s swing in the cool breeze and reminisce about old times. And catch up on the latest news about so and so. Kids run around the house playing tag. Plus people really show up with the attitude that they’re going to get something great. I guess it’s expected after all the other gatherings we’ve thrown. Just thinking about it, I can’t wait!
Kell is watching HotWire for a plane ticket now.
I just hope she can save enough money to come down in April. We always have fun. She’s my best bud. I’ll swim the seven seas for her. Afraid of heights, but I’ll climb the highest mountain. Give her my liver if she needs one. I do hope Kell can find a plane ticket. Because if she’s not fortunate. I’ll have to call to her tell her how sorry I am that I can’t use her part of the money to get the fish filets, chicken and neck bones. But I’ll make sure Uncle Reggie puts extra spices in the pot, break every head and wash down my crawfish.

2 comments:

Southern_Lady said...

That sounds yummy! How I miss crawfish and turkey necks. Hello, I found your blog surfing the good Myspace. I'm a Jaguar, too and a former Digest writer. You're a great writer.

Anonymous said...

I am sitting enjoying this reading...I don't like to read but this is very interesting...gotta agree with southern_lady...B your a great writer...wish I had that talent...lol