Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Graduation

People always ask, “When are you graduating?” Is that really the first thing that comes to your mind when you see me? My graduation? It’s not even close to May!
I would take different routes just to avoid the inquiry. It’s not a bad question. It’s just pretty annoying. It’s a catch-22.
If you go to school, people want to know when are you getting out? (Can I take my time?) If you don’t go to school, people ask, “Why didn’t you go to school?”
What’s the world in a rush for? It’s probably nice to say you’re the first to do something, but what about the best?
With careful timing, it’s called building a foundation. And I’m not done.
There are those who watch for the wrong things—instead what I’m doing that’s right.
It’s not about when I’m getting out, but of the things I accomplish while I’m there. If you’re a student and doing great things, keep doing that and obviously you know when you want your run to end.

Quote of the Day:
Behind every successful person lies a pack of Haters. That’s on everything.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I agree 100% with everything you said. People have been whispering about me being a super duper senior because I've been at DSU a while. So what? That means I've been committed and dedicated enough to stick with it to the end. That brings to mind another great saying; "Can I live?"