Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Snoop Dogg said Hoes! I Can Too!

Now, I’m not saying that everything Snoop Dogg said was right. But the man had a point about Don Imus when he said: "[Rappers] are not talking about no collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. ... We are rappers that have these songs coming from our minds and our souls that are relevant to what we feel. I will not let them mutha----as say we in the same league as him."
I understand him. That’s why Tupac is so universal and still relevant. One day ‘Pac rapped about “Keep Ya Head Up,” then the next he said “F—k the world.”
There are different kinds of people. Some people may say “you can cook a pot of red beans”. But I know everyone can’t cook red beans. So I’m not going to eat it.
Like there are different types of college students. There’s the drama chick, nerd, book worm, homecoming queen, socialite, weed man, overachiever and slacker.
I know where Snoop is coming from. I’m not going to knock a college kid. Yet at the same time when you come from the ‘hood like Snoop, there are people with no conscious and who are out to get you. It may be for your money or happiness. Just because their not happy they don’t want anyone around them to be happy.
If I ever write about or call people hoes, they are. Hoes are not necessarily promiscuous women. Hoes are messy for no reason. They can be men or women.
I know from experience. From back in the day I knew a ‘loud mouth gal’. Matter of fact everyone knew her, because of her loud mouth. She’d do immature stuff, like loud cap someone in the grocery store for purchasing their groceries with a lot of change or food stamps. She’d get a kick out of sheer embarrassment of others. When her own hair wasn’t combed and that her face was dirty with cat shit in the corners of her eyes. Or it didn’t bother her at the fact that she was failing science and stayed in trouble. I saw no reasoning in that. I just saw a person buying food. She looked at the misfortune of others when she too had troubles. I’m not saying anyone’s perfect. Anyway no one liked that ho, she never had empathy.

No comments: