Sunday, August 17, 2008

Traveling to the Motherland!

I finally got a chance to go to Africa! Yup! Yup! The Motherland.

Its my first trip to Africa. Thursday, July 31, my leave date. The first stop is in Atlanta, then Dubai (land of the rich as I say), then Mauritius, Africa. On the map, Mauritius is a small island right next to Madagascar.

Before I even take you on my journey, I have to say how I got there.
I followed my big sister, Kell. Right now she’s studying chemistry on the Ph.D. level at Purdue, Univ. in Indiana. And she wrote grants and conducted research to earn an invite to the International Conference on Chemical Education. The trip to Africa is for Kell to present her research in front of some important people.
At the thought of everything I’m talking about, I'm excited because this is WoRLDWiDe!! And our 1st trip overseas!
We found out about this news in March.
Kell called and said, "Hey, Bran, you want to go to Africa?"
I started making my list of things to pack right then.
From March I thought about the trip every day.
By April we had passports! We're ready to tour the world.

Literally.

No comments: