Thursday, February 11, 2010

Everything’s Not Perfect, But It Is…

A street kid once asked me, “Do you have any doubts?”

He looked me dead in my eyes. I looked back into his, and said, “No.”
He nodded his head. I gained approval and he stamped my ghetto pass.

We were inside a packed gym and I was presenting my book.

When I started my quest to be a best-selling author, I knew I didn’t have much. Actually, I didn’t have a lot of things. I refused to let that stop me.

I thought about things like this:

I don’t have the money to buy my own product and sell, but my Father does. He owns the bank. What if he doesn’t want me in his bank, yet? He’ll open up other people’s wallets for me. Then we just killed two birds with one stone. He’s not setting me up to go to the bank and get turned down, he’s setting me up to think outside the box, other ways of getting money.

I don’t have the advertisements, but my Father told me to focus on making great works and people won’t be able to hold that in. They’ll speak of it everywhere. Word-of-mouth.

I’ll feel inferior with my faded and dated clothes, but my Father owns the clothing store. And he created the world-renowned tailor, who will make my garments.

I don’t know where to go, but my Father knows the way. He will guide me.

I’ll need consultation because I don’t know everything I’m doing, but my Father has that too.

People will criticize me, but my Father has assured me I will not be pulled down. All before me, doing anything artistic has faced criticism and answered all of the best answers in the world. I will not even have to say a word.

A lot of people won’t follow their dreams because they say they don’t have certain things.

Now, that I think about it, that kid asked a great question. My heart doesn’t bear doubt.
That’s why my answer to him was flawless.

No comments: