Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Booty Bounce Music

In this moment I’d like to take the time out and thank some Hip-Hop rappers. I’m not a huge rap fan, I’m a fan of music and country out sells everything anyway. So if you listen to rap and just rap you’re missing out. I listen to everything else because I get tired of hearing corner boy stories, booty, booty and shake that thang. But I do listen to rap and I love the hits, which these brothers are currently creating.
Shawn Carter, Mr. Jay-Z, the Ace of Spades lover rapped on “30 Something”, an ode to his aging gracefully off his album, “Kingdom Come”:
Young enough to know the right car to buy, yet grown enough not to put rims on it.
HOMERUN, Sir Jigga! Loved that line and the color Jay-Z Blue!
Then one of my all time favorites André Lauren Benjamin made an appearance and blessed Unk’s “Walk it Out” remix with such a grown up verse. Matter of fact, he was the only rapper on the track to actually say something. 3000 poetically went:
Your white tee, well to me, look like a nightgown
Make your momma proud, take that thing two sizes down
Then you'll, look like the man that you are, or what you could be.
HE HIT AGAIN! Damn, we keep this up we might become that race which starts a moment and stays ahead! Actually make MLK’s dreams come true, or become what we could be.
Now, when I first saw Rich Boy I said, “that dude is ugly.” He’s my last choice.
After listening to his album, self-titled Rich Boy I loved the song “Let’s Get This Paper.”
In young Marece Richards’ chorus a guy preaches:
“Yeah when you look at us just think about it, we don't own nothin'. If we get money, we got a lil' few dollars, but our whole family tore up ni**a, you gettin' money for the people in ya family that ain't got nothin'. When it's all said and done, what do you own? You don't own nothin', you don't own you... The ni**a playin' basketball, he don't own that jersey, he can't even be in a commercial wit' his name on the back, so when it's really all said and done, what did you do this for? What difference did you make?
OK. THAT was driving the point HOME.
These brothers rhyme intelligent lyrics and make it look easy. Then the world isn’t so small after all. I’m not knocking rap. This is my props to rap section. Just don’t make rap you’re only choice. There are more lyrics like stop, drop, roll and lock, bounce booty, booty. Booty. Booty. Booty. More Booty. Check out some other lyrics and genres.
Because if you don’t listen at all you’re missing a real important message.

No comments: