Friday, May 04, 2007

Hope Saved Me!!

After all the stare downs. After all the threats. After all the fights. After the all the chases of cat and mouse. Hope finally saved me! Then all in the same day she injured my ankle, but that’s a different story for a different day. Here is a story of her heroism. The afternoon sun had just made its crest and started to heat up the day. I walked into the kitchen to get a turkey sandwich on a fresh French loaf of bread and medium mayo. As soon as I saw it I stopped dead cold in my tracks. A huge grass and dirt colored lizard lay on the leg of the table trying to sun. I’m terrified of the reptilian creatures. I even lost part of my appetite. Now, on any other normal day I can’t stand Hope. And she feels the same way about me. So we’re even! About an hour earlier, I’d let Hope inside and fed her a nice crunchy meal of cat nibbles. Her favorite pastimes were going outside to pounce on innocent insects. I’d figured she’d help me out since I was nice to her. I called her name.
“HOPE.” …No response. “HOPE.” …No response. “HOPE.” ….Nothing. I didn’t even hear her heavy paws hitting the floor to run and see what I wanted. I walked around the corner to see her relaxing in Susan’s king size bed. She stretched out very comfortably and yawned. I looked and sighed, then pleaded with her to follow me. To my amazement she did! We went back into the kitchen and the poor, stupid lizard tried to stand his ground. He never matched up. As soon as Hope saw him cut across the open floor she snatched him up in her sharp teeth and toted him away.

My hero.

3 comments:

Sherlon Christie said...

lol...I might get a catch after reading this story.

Chris said...

Yay for pets who save the day!

Anonymous said...

Tina saved me when I went to sleep in the tub one night.