Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Top 10

Top 10 reasons St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Enitra Jones are cooler than me:

10. St. Jude is in the heart of Memphis, and the doctors always have the option of eating good, finger licking bar-b-que and Alisha Tillery lives there.
9. The hospital's daily operating costs are approximately $1,220,004, (to be exact) and they treat the kids at no cost (politically correct) to their families. In our terms, the kids are cared for FREE, despite not being covered by insurance!
8. St. Jude makes giving donations to the hospital easy (www.stjude.org/donations), or just drop a few dollars in the bucket at your local grocery store.
7. The hospital has been successfully operating for over 45 years, (February 4, 1962).
6. St. Jude has treated God’s Angels, kids from all over the country and world (70 countries).
5. Enitra won Ms. Southern and after that she always thought she could still try to make it to class “low-key.”
4. Enitra kicked off the Up ‘til Dawn (St. Jude for college campuses) campaign at Southern, built up a strong foundation where Ms. King and Ms. Sweazie gracefully pick up and carried the torch. Now, Jasmine (2007-2008) will do the same.
3. Even though it’s been three years since she wore the crown, and she has a tougher course load, she still finds time to follow up on the progress of St. Jude.
2. These guys are our peers, the children are our future and we can donate because we never know who we will need. We are capable of anything.
1. The Prince of Peace, hasn’t made a mistake, yet.

I am going to continue my writings and charitable contributions. Which are; St. Jude, Breast Cancer Research and my own scholarship program for Black kids I’m trying to build. Sometimes I struggle to find something to blog about every day. Then Ms. Jones helped me out and gave me a new story (St. Jude). First, I smiled because she felt that I, a nerd, can give it justice. Up top is my list that I came up with. This one was special, because I believe it’s always great to give to someone else.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. -Winston Churchill

1 comment:

Southern_Lady said...

Thank you again for the shout-out! LOL

You're it! I tagged you, so go to my page.