Monday, July 16, 2007

Basketball MVP

My moves were superb. I dribbled with ease from right to left. A crossover. Then through my legs and behind my back, just for a little extra show.
I’m great. I mean I could be the G.O.A.T. If I wouldn’t be doing this writing thing, I’d probably be a playmaker. My skills are so tight. So far one-on-one, I’m undefeated. And I’m playing against a boy. Just call me the Talent!
I only have a small advantage. I’m 5’11’’ and know how to use my strengths. I have championship tournament experience. I possess great court vision and shooting accuracy. Off the court, I know how to handle myself in an interview. Somebody give me the MVP trophy and some endorsements.
In the last game, some say I dismantled my opponent’s defense. Some say I owned the boards. Some say I’m underrated.
But then there are the critics. They say experience over youth. Speed over power. Skill over talent. Truth is, I really knew how to take my opponent out of his game.
Well, he’s going on 1 and stands 2’2’’. Now, some say it’s a mismatch. I don’t see what’s the problem. We might have a huge height difference. I’m thinking Devin will catch up. His muscles will get stronger. He really just stands, watching in awe of my moves. Or he’d throw his bottle on the court. (He’s going to start getting a technical foul call for that.)
Truly, I just think he needs to start being more of a hustler on defense. Or crash the boards for rebounds. Plus, instead of watching, giggling, and expecting me to pass while I’m preparing to drive or shoot over him, he should defend. So, for some jazz I add in an awesome dunk on the PlaySkool goal.
I know why he smiles and stares in awe though; it’s all because of my skills.

No comments: